Work in the vineyard
Vine is an astonishing and complex plant.
In order to produce grapes suitable for the elaboration of wines with high expression, many conditions must be met:
- an adapted terroir: soil, climate, exposure
- Vines planted in accordance with the terroir: grape variety, rootstock, vine cultivation methods.
- the know-how of the winegrower and his team
- a big dose of obstinacy in front of the climatic, economic, regulatory hazards…
Our vines are located in the heart of the Entre-Deux-Mers terroir, which shows year after year, through tastings by international experts, its enormous potential, still largely underestimated, for both red and white wines.
The vines of the exploitation are planted on plots of land benefiting from adapted and perfectly exposed soils.
The whites are made from Semillon, Sauvignon, Sauvignon Gris and Muscadelle grapes.
The reds are from Merlot, Cabernet-Sauvignon and Malbec grape varieties.
From the pruning, and for all the work that takes place throughout the year in the vineyards, our technical itinerary aims to obtain healthy and tasty grapes, capable of producing wines of character.
A few examples:
- natural grassing reduces the vigour of the vine, resulting in more concentrated grapes,
- leaf thinning on the rising sun side allows to aerate the bunches, and to favour the development of anthocyanins thanks to a better lighting of the bunches.
- An important height of foliage allows an excellent photosynthesis.